1. Anatomy. the spinal column; spine.
2. strength of character; resolution.
3. something resembling a backbone in appearance, position, or function.
4. Bookbinding. a back or bound edge of a book; spine.
back•bone press [bak-bohn pres] noun
1. A small press with a big vision.
2. A venue for ethnic poets; African-American.
3. An interest too, in poetry by Latino/a, Asian, and other Ethnicities.
4. Seeker of poetry. political, invocative, social, gritty, also the personal and poignant.
We welcome submissions from emerging and established writers.